What is lone worker protection?
The HSE defines lone workers as “those who work by themselves without close or direct supervision.” According to estimates, there are over six million lone workers in the UK and this number has continued to increase over the past few years.
Despite the fact working alone is not against the law, employers are still required to carefully consider the health and safety risks of those who carry out their jobs in isolation to others. This is why several employers establish lone worker protection systems.
Along with providing personnel with an adequate defence against security threats, lone worker protection can also boost morale. After all, research says 49 per cent of people admit they’ve felt uncomfortable while working alone but did not take action as they were nervous about the consequences, felt threatened, or did not want to make it worse.
With the right lone worker protection system in place, you can ensure each and every member of staff is able to carry out their responsibilities with competence and feel completely at ease while working.
Why choose lone worker protection?
- Protect staff – Ensure that your most valuable assets always remain free from harm
- Comply with the law – Employers have a legal duty to safeguard staff under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Boost confidence – Establish a safe environment where employees are happy and comfortable at work
- Ongoing support – Give lone workers ongoing support should they encounter any issues or difficulties
- Peace of mind – Both employers and employees can rest assured that their interests are being looked after
- Constant protection – Members of staff that work unsociable hours can receive constant protection with lone worker security
- Risk assessment – Establish a lone worker protection system to identify possible threats to individual employees
Protection from Jag Security
Jag Security is an experienced and adept provider of lone worker protection. Our aim is to help employers identify possible threats to staff before they have a chance to develop into something more serious.
Every member of staff must have proven security, military, or police backgrounds to work at Jag Security for the most professional service possible. We also screen all applicants for BS7858:2012 and provide specific training for each deployment, such as lone worker protection.
For more information about lone worker protection, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Jag Security today.